Professor Ian Meyers.
General Dental Practitioner.
Efficient, Effective and Affordable – Conservative restorative techniques for the predictable management of compromised and missing teeth.
Patients who present with a compromised dentition involving badly broken down, worn and missing teeth can provide a daunting challenge for clinicians. Complex indirect restorative solutions may not be suitable for all patients so direct restorative options can provide a suitable alternative.
This course will provide clinical information and a ‘hands-on’ experience regarding a range of new materials and direct placement techniques that can be utilised to provide cost effective, efficient, and predictable restorative outcomes for these complex cases. The use of high strength injectable resins, clear replication templates, and resin impregnated glass fibre reinforcing materials will be discussed and demonstrated as viable treatment options. Participants will have the opportunity to undertake technique exercises utilising these materials and evaluate their potential as strategies for managing patients with a compromised dentition.
• Modifications and improvements to direct restorative materials and their clinical applications
• Direct injection composite resins and restorative techniques utilising transparent templates
• Fibre reinforced composites – material types and indications for use
• Case selection, treatment options and clinical techniques
• Simplifying the restoration of worn and broken down teeth
• Creating high strength, aesthetic and functional fibre reinforced composite resin bridges
• Hands-on construction techniques
• Longevity and maintenance of restorations
• Update knowledge on new injectable composite resins and material handling
• Explore the use of transparent templates for the rapid reproduction or tooth morphology
• Learn direct, semi-direct and indirect techniques for restoration
• Understanding advantages and disadvantages of different resin reinforcing materials
• Develop skills in handling reinforcing fibres with different composite resin materials
• Undertake construction of an anterior resin reinforced composite resin bridge
Crown Casino - Crown Promenade entrance
8 Whiteman st, Southbank VIC 3006
The 'M' rooms - M11-M16
Saturday October 12 2019
2 session available:
Morning session 9am -12:30pm OR Afternoon session 1:30pm - 5:00pm (3.0 Sci CPD hours each)
Morning tea provided for morning session
Afternoon tea provided for afternoon session
Professor Ian Meyers is proudly sponsored by GC